Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Postcard - Tennis Player and Old Farmer



Caption; "Guess ye kin hit up a purty lively tune on them things, can't ye?"



One of the tennis things I've taken to collecting is postcards.I don't have that many yet.But I thought I would put some up.It can really be fun to see how the tennis images are portrayed,and mixed with other subjects.

This postcard looks to be from 10's - 20's period.You have a tennis player wearing long flannels,and a tie.Holding a wooden racket with a convex throat.He's listening to an old farmer.You have to wonder where the court is for these two to happen to meet.Out past the cow pasture, I reckon.
I hope the player sets aside the pipe during the match.

Tennis with a little country cornpone humor.

It reminds me how often you see someone pretending to play the racket like a guitar in old group photos of tennis players.There's always a wit in every crowd.
I'm sure I could find a few pictures to put up on that subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment