Sunday, May 23, 2010

French Open starts-Happy sleep deprivation

Up at 4am ,far more deprivation than happy.
I wish there was some other way the tournament could be televised.But at this point how else would they do it.Tennis Channel paid for it and they are going to show it live.All of it.
The truth is the only way to really get a sense of things is to watch the original coverage.
I'll watch what I can.But it is still overkill.What other sporting event is like this? The only thing I can think of is the Olympics.And tennis does this four times a year.Crazy.

Great to see Martina Navratilova is doing well with her radiation treatments.Going to play the senior doubles with Jana Novotna.Good luck to them.

Lyndsey Davenport has been added to the commentators lineup.Good addition.Why are there so many more women than men who take to commentating? They can't compete with John McEnroe I guess.

This is my 28th French Open.I've watched them all since 1983.Funny how time slips away.

No comments:

Post a Comment