Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Kimiko Date Krumm def Safina-Picking matches

The Tennis Channel has a match picking contest called Racquet Bracket.I do try to remember to fill it out for every Grand Slam tournament.I usually do a rather bad job.I try to make myself choose with my head,and not my heart.But as much as I'm usually a logical person,I always find myself making some picks based on sentiment.Following a sport involves emotion.If it didn't why watch at all.So is it a fault to let my feelings play a part in predicting an outcome?I try to avoid picking too many upsets.They are by nature hard to call.
But sometimes you do get a whiff,or a whimsy of a possible surprise.
I think you could see this was a real danger for Safina.

Date Krumm is now the second oldest woman(39) to win a singles match at Roland Garros.The oldest was Virginia Wade.I'm not sure if that is only in the Open era,or ever.
I have to wonder if Safina is going to have much of a career left if her back doesn't improve.It doesn't look like it today.Last years runner up,and out in the first round.

No comments:

Post a Comment