Sunday, June 6, 2010

Nadal Wins his Fifth at Roland Garros

I would call that a thorough job.A comfortable straight set victory over the man who upset him last year must have felt great.
I really didn't get any feeling of Rafa wanting revenge as such though.Which just proves again what a classy young man he is.He was looking at the big picture.

The Borg era was before my time as a fan.I never got to see him play at his peak.I have seen taped matches replayed of course.But that just can't give you the full feeling about a player.You lose a sense of context.And I've never seen anything from the French except highlights.
So I don't know if Rafa is greater than Borg.Looking at the fact that Borg kept repeatedly winning at Roland Garros,and then Wimbledon, I have to think that Borg is still historically ahead of Nadal.But I think it's almost certain that Nadal will break Borg's record at RG in the next few years.
But can he get Chris Evert's ?
Good luck

Robin Soderling is really growing as a player.But as I said,There is a difference between being an upsetter,and being a champion.One of these days he may be a champion.
But it can't be a easy to be put out of the finals two years in a row.Roger,and Rafa have another gear when they are in shape to win that he can't hit yet.

btw-I refuse to call him Sod for a knickname.Please,that's not good.It's dirt,or a reference to a horrible old Hebrew myth.
Can't we call him Rockin Robin?
That's a really fun little song.Popular with guitar teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment